PRACTICE GOOD HYGIENE TO LIMIT THE SPREAD OF GERMS AND PREVENT INFECTION:
Germ control with flu season is especially important to protect yourself and others around you. Remember to wash your hands, covering coughs and stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- When sick, keep your distance from others to keep germs from spreading
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth to prevent infection
- Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids and eat nutritious food
DISTRICT EARNS GOLD FOR HEALTHY WORKSITE FOR A SECOND YEAR IN A ROW
Columbus City Schools has been named the 2019 Healthy Worksite Gold Level Award recipient by the Healthy Business Council of Ohio for its Wellness Initiative: Healthy Bodies Active Minds.
The prestigious award recognizes the District's commitment to employee wellness through its comprehensive worksite health promotion and wellness programs which encourage physical activity, better nutrition, and prevention or cessation of tobacco use.
The Wellness Initiative strives to support the District mission of improving student success by creating and fostering a culture of wellness that results in healthy behaviors among students, staff, and the CCS community. Its goal, is to become a national school district model for health and wellness.
This is the fourth year Columbus City Schools has been recognized for this award, earning a Silver Level award in 2016 and 2017 and Gold Level award in 2018.