Social Studies Intentional Planning Resources
The intentional planning resources below assist teachers with the integration of three district initiatives:
- Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum (Priority 1, Objective 1),
- Teacher Clarity; and
- TCI Implementation for Tier 1 Instruction
Social Studies Curriculum Maps consist of three components:
- The Year-at-a-Glance
- The Scope and Sequence
- Curriculum and Instruction Guide
TCI textbooks and digital programs are the adopted resources for 6-12 core social studies and some Academic Electives:
Social Studies Intentional Planning Guide
Social Studies Intentional Planning Template
- Click here to access the planning template. Then click the "Use Template" button on the right to make a copy in your Google Drive.
- Click here to download a sample completed planning template.
CCS Clear Learning Targets and Teacher Clarity Framework
The Curriculum and Instruction Guide section of the Curriculum Map includes unpacked standards utilizing the Formative Instructional Practices (FIP) model. FIP has similar components to the Teacher Clarity Playbook framework. See the graphic below for a comparison.