World Language Parent Resources
Suggested Apps to support Language Learners
- Learn 50 Languages
- HelloTalk Learn Languages
Ways to help your student study a world language:
- Make flashcards for daily practice 5 minutes every day.
- Teach someone else something new you are learning.
- Watch movies in new language.
- Watch videos on youtube.
- Read bilingual books
- Locate words that look the same between the languages when trying to read.
- Make a field trip to a local restaurant from the language you are studying.
- Greet your student in their new language
- Listen to Spanish radio - 103.1 Pura Raza - Radio Station
Practice Websites for Students and/or Guardians/Parents:
(You will have to pick the Spanish Language to play this video and lyric game. Good challenge to train your ear and listen to music in Spanish.)
*Spanish language learning.