Grades K-12 Progress Points
Students will at the appropriate developmental level:
- Use a variety of sources and multimedia to research, create, perform and refine dramatic and theatrical works that are personally meaningful.
- Demonstrate self-direction, persistence and focus when working independently in dramatic and theatrical contexts.
- Participate collaboratively and respectfully in diverse ensembles to explore a variety of ideas and approaches that advance the quality of their work.
- Interpret and transform new and traditional dramatic texts for informal and formal productions.
- Engage in the dramatic and theatrical arts to help them connect to other disciplines, people and events in the world around them.
- Use drama and theatre to inspire the larger community to value lifelong involvement in the arts.
- Personal Choice and Vision: Students construct and solve problems of personal relevance and interest when expressing themselves in the dramatic and theatrical arts.
- Critical and Creative Thinking: Students combine and apply artistic and reasoning skills to imagine, create, realize and refine dramatic and theatrical works in conventional and innovative ways and to understand the works produced and performed by others.
- Authentic Application and Collaboration: Students work individually and in groups to focus ideas and create and perform works to address genuine local and global community needs.
- Literacy: As consumers, critics and creators, students evaluate and understand dramatic and theatrical works and other texts produced in the media forms of the day.