High Impact Strategies - Teacher Clarity
Teacher Clarity: Teachers and students understand and can articulate Ohio's standards-based learning intentions, instructional goals, and success criteria for the given lesson.
- The state standard drives the lesson: instruction and activities align to the clearly posted/displayed, articulated, and assessed state standard to be mastered.
- Essential skills, vocabulary, content or information students need to learn in this lesson to successfully meet learning intentions and standards are clearly articulated and aligned with state standards.
- The teacher clearly identifies and articulates the intended learning, measurable goals of a given lesson, and success criteria students may use to self-monitor progress and standards mastery.
General Teacher Clarity Resources Social Studies Standards-Based Resources
Assessments/Evidence of Mastery
- Success criteria are clearly understood and being used in a manner that allows students to set goals and self-monitor their progress towards standards mastery.
- Learning activities and assessments align with posted/displayed learning intention.
- Assessments and activities align with the vocabulary and rigor of state standards.
Anticipatory Set/Hook Formative Assessments Summative Assessment