Our 2023 Summer Experience kicks off Tuesday, June 20 for all Columbus City Schools students. Here are a few more details to help you and your student have an unforgettable, immersive summer break.
Elementary & Middle School: Four-Week Program Runs June 20 - July 14
High School: Six-Week Program Runs June 20 - July 28
Elementary & Middle School Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
High School Hours: Monday - Thursday, Hours Vary by Building
Breakfast and lunch will be provided daily to all students.
Extended Day Offered at All Elementary Schools from 1 - 5 p.m. (Space is Limited)
No school Tuesday, July 4, in observance of the Fourth of July holiday.
- School sites will provide all other supplies such as pens, paper, pencils, etc.
- During the Summer Experience, students are expected to follow all the policies, rules, and guidelines outlined in the Guide to Student Success.
- Yellow School Bus Transportation is provided this summer for the following students:
- Elementary School students
- Middle School students
- ONLY High School taking courses at Spruce Run.
Transportation to Spruce Run
- Transportation for high school students registered for Spruce Run this summer will be provided Monday through Thursday..
The bus will leave from AIMS at 8:30 a.m. and return at 12:30 p.m.
- Suggested Dress for Spruce Run: Close-toed shoes, long pants or shorts, and knee socks to prevent ticks, a hat, and sunscreen applied at home.
Student Success Cards
The District is expanding its pilot Student Success Card program to additional school sites this summer. The CCS Success Card is a personalized ID featuring a photo, name, and ID number. Students will receive their student success card during the first week of the Summer Experience. The Student Success Card will be used for:
- Board the school bus in mornings and afternoons
- Serve as ID during the school day
- Access online learning
- Check-out books from the Columbus Metropolitan Library
- Students must wear the Success Card each day.
Communicating with your Child’s Teacher and School
- Check your child’s backpack regularly for notes, fliers, and other information from your child’s teacher, including the teacher’s email address.
English as a Second Language Students
- ESL Intervention Specialists will be available at all school sites to assist ESL students in the classroom.
- Parents can also reach out to the ESL Language Assistance Center: Summer Hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Spanish- 614-365-5118 or 614-365-5334
- Arabic- 614-365-6920
- French- 614-365-5327
- Somali- 614-365-8972
- Nepali- 614-365-3105
Questions and Concerns
- For transportation questions, call the Transportation Call Center at 614-365-5074 between 7 a.m - 4 p.m. on weekdays.
- Device issues, call the HelpDesk at 614-645-8425.
- For all other Summer Experience questions, call 614-365-5010.