High School Summer Experience
High School Summer School VCAP General Information
- High School students: Monday – Friday, June 15 - July 24. There will be no extensions. All courses will be closed and locked on July 24 at 2:00 pm.
- All summer offerings will be held through Edmentum, our current online platform for high school students
- If parents and students need support for high school VCAP, please call 614-365-5485, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a. m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Parents and students can also email questions about VCAP to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email will be monitored Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m - 2:00 p.m.
Students will need to use CCS email to communicate with VCAP teachers. Students should check emails daily. To access CCS email, please go to ccsoffice.org. Student email addresses are in the format of studentIDnumber@columbus.k12.oh.us (for example, email@example.com). Students will use the same password that they use to log in to district computers at school. https://youtu.be/2KTh3pREEhw
CCS Student Unlocking Requests
Summer School has ended. Please contact your home high school with any questions you may have about the progress you made in your course.
Contact 365-8425 to schedule an appointment to pick up or have your Chromebook repair completed.Need a Chromebook or Chromebook Repairs
In order to access VCAP, you will need to log-in through Clever. If you have never been on Clever you will need to copy and paste the following link: clever.com/in/columbuscity
Click on Log In With Active Directory. Your username is your student number followed by @columbus.k12.oh.us (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org) Your password is your birthdate with dashes (ex: 06-10-2001) Then scroll down and click on EdmentumYou will need to click on All Activities to open up the course you plan to work on.
VCAP Helpful Information
- It is recommended that students spend a minimum of 15 hours per week working on each course.
- Always take the pretest and do your best! This will save you time in the end.
- If you see an e on a unit...SKIP IT! You have been exempted from that unit and can move on.
- In order to earn a credit you need to the following things:
- Take every post-test and average 60% on them
- Score a 60% or higher on your end of course test
- Have a 60% or higher on your course grade
- Modules are important. It helps you learn the information to pass the posttest.
- Weekly Zoom Meetings are strongly recommended. It is a great opportunity to ask your teacher for help.
- If you don't have a 60% average on your post-tests or don't score 60% on the EOC, ask for a reset and try it again.
Zoom Meeting ScheduleMath 1 and 2: Mondays and Wednesdays (starting on 6/17) from 10-12Math 3 and AQR: Tuesdays and Thursdays (starting 6/18) from 10-12ELA 9 and 10: Mondays and Wednesdays (starting on 6/17) from 12-2ELA 11 and 12: Tuesdays and Thursdays (starting on 6/18) from 12-2Physical Science and Biology: Mondays and Wednesdays (starting on 6/17) from 11-1Chemistry: Tuesday and Thursdays (starting on 6/18) from 11-1World Studies and US History: Mondays and Wednesdays (starting on 6/17) from 10-12Global and Government: Tuesdays and Thursdays (starting on 6/18) from 10-12Health and Art: Mondays and Wednesdays (starting on 6/17) from 12-2PE: Tuesdays and Thursdays (starting on 6/18) from 12-2