Rising Kindergarten & Elementary
Summer Experience offers pre-k and elementary students an exciting opportunity to learn, grow and make new friends as they spend four weeks participating in grade-specific enrichment activities at various locations across the city.
The program's focus will be on developing students' academic skills, leadership, and social-emotional learning through hands-on, project-based activities, team-building exercises, and design challenges based on a specific theme.
Each week,students will participate in “mini-camps” and field trips, engage in fun activities with community partners, and work on their storytelling and creativity with bestselling authors.
Elementary Summer Experience also features unique, innovative programming for students at the following school sites:
- Entrepreneurship: Colerain (Grades PK-4)
- Family and Consumer Science (Health & Fitness): Georgian Heights Elementary (Grades PK-4);
- Family and Consumer Science (Service-Learning): Alpine (Grades K-2); Northgate Intermediate (Grades 3-4)
- Fine Arts: Leawood (Grades PK-4)
- Gateway (Speciality): Africentric (3rd Grade Only)
- STEM: East Linden (Grades PK-4)
- World Languages & Cultures: Stewart (Grades PK-4)
- World Languages & Cultures (Books & Buddies): Starling (Grades PK-4)
Important Note for Rising Kindergarten Families (Current Pre-K): Rising Kindergarten families will register for the 2023 Summer Experience through the following link: https://forms.gle/2sZi9Rif8TryLLMZ9
Extended Day Offered for All Elementary Schools from 1 - 5 p.m. (Space is Limited | Kindergarten - 4th Grade Only)