Language Assistance Center
Spanish: call 614-365-5118
Somali: call 614-365-8972
Nepali: call 614-365-3105
French: call 614-365-5327
Arabic: call 614-365-6920
or ESL Dept. at
Columbus City Schools will continue its Online Virtual Academy by offering an online, month-long summer school program for students in grades K-12.
The Columbus City Schools Summer Experience, which is free for CCS students, will take place from June 15th through July 25th. Students enrolled in summer school will continue to use online educational platforms Edmentum, iReady, Study Island, andAchieve3000, the platforms students recently used for the CCS Online Learning Academy.
Online Summer Programming for Elementary and Middle School Students
- K-8 students: Monday – Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- 8th Grade students may take a maximum of two High School courses for credit.
Teachers will post reading, math, science and social studies assignments daily to Google Classroom and communicate with families to arrange one 45-minute personalized virtual learning session daily with a small group of students.
Art, music, and physical education lessons will be embedded into daily lessons to enhance the Summer Experience! Parents will have the opportunity to communicate directly with teachers on Google Classroom or via email throughout the summer.
Summer Programming for Secondary Students
- High School students: Monday – Friday, June 15th - July 24th
- All summer offerings will be held via VCAP, our current online platform for high school students
- With the exceptions of seniors, students may take no more than 2 VCAP courses during the summer term. Eighth Grade students may take High School courses for credit.
- If parents and students need support for high school VCAP, please call 614-365-5485, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a. m. – 12:00 p.m. Parents and students can also email questions about VCAP to email@example.com. The email will be monitored Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., and checked daily on the weekends.
The CCS Summer Program will offer expanded hours to enable students more flexibility to work on their assignments, take tests and get the support they need to successfully complete their courses. Students will be assigned to teachers who will be available daily during posted office hours.
The following courses will be offered:
- English 9, English 10, English 11, English 12
- Math 1, Math 2, Math 3, AQR
- US History, World History, Global Studies, Government
- Biology, Chemistry, Physical Science
- PE 1 &2, Health
- Business and Art
- High School Multiple Disability Course
Summer School Options for Rising 9th-Graders (Current 8th-Graders)
Rising 9th-grade students are encouraged to take PE 1, PE 2 and Health. In the event that your student has signed up for other courses, you will be contacted to make sure that it is an appropriate placement. Math 1 will only be offered to students for credit recovery only. Parents can call 614-365-5485 Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., with questions concerning adding additional courses for rising 9th-graders.
For students served in multiple disability classrooms, summer school will address and reinforce Ohio Extended Learning Standards for ELA and Math (K-12). Students and families will log into Google Classroom to access materials from Unique Learning System as well as teacher directed enrichment activities. If a high schooler is enrolling in this Summer School option, caregivers should select the course, Multiple Disability Virtual Classroom. This course will address the content areas of ELA and Math and strengthen important concepts for the preparation of the Ohio Alternate Assessment.
Language assistance will be available for families throughout the summer.
For questions, please email the FACTLine at FACTLine@columbus.k12.oh.us.