Summer Experience Virtual Family Engagement Sessions
2021 CCS Summer Experience Is Underway!
2021 CCS Summer Experience Checklist
- Breakfast and lunch are provided daily
- Bring your fully charged Chromebook
- School supplies will be provided
- Masks are required on all CCS school buses
- School bus stop location and times are in your Parent Portal
- Arrive at least five minutes before your scheduled bus pickup time
- Spruce Run attire: wear pants, a hat, and sunscreen (apply at home) -- prepare to be outside
Questions? Call the CCS Factline at 614-221-3228.
2021 Summer Experience Guide
More than 8,100 students are registered for the Columbus City Schools 2021 Summer Experience that begins Monday, June 14, and concludes Friday, July 23. Below are more details to help you and your student have a successful summer experience at CCS.
- Six-week program June 14 - July 23
- Elementary and Middle School - Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- High School Students - Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 12:15 and remotely.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided daily to all students.
- Health and safety protocols will be followed, including the wearing of masks.
- No school Monday, July 5, in observance of the Fourth of July.
- The only school supply your child needs this summer is a fully charged Chromebook; school sites will provide all other supplies such as pens, paper, pencils, etc.
- Do not bring Chromebooks to Spruce Run, the District’s Nature Center.
- During the Summer Experience, students are expected to follow all policies, rules, and guidelines outlined in the Guide to Student Success.
- Yellow School Bus Transportation is provided this summer for the following students:
- Elementary School students
- Middle School students
- ONLY High School students working at Spruce Run.
- Masks must be worn at all times while riding the yellow school bus.
Transportation to Spruce Run
- Transportation for middle school students will be provided Monday through Thursday from Fort Hayes.
- The bus leaves every morning at 7:30 a.m. from Fort Hayes, so students need to be at the stop 10 (ten) minutes or 7:20 a.m.
- Middle School students will arrive back at Fort Hayes from Spruce Run at 1 p.m. Monday - Thursday.
- Transportation for high school students registered for Spruce Run this summer will be provided Monday through Friday.
- The bus will leave from Fort Hayes at 7:30 a.m. and return at 12:30 p.m.
- All students are required to wear a face mask on the bus.
- Suggested Dress for Spruce Run: Close-toed shoes, long pants or shorts, and knee socks to prevent ticks, a hat, and sunscreen applied at home.
Student Success Cards
The District is expanding its pilot Student Success Card program to additional school sites this summer. The CCS Success Card is a personalized ID featuring a photo, name, and ID number. Students will receive their student success card during the first week of the Summer Experience. The Student Success Card will be used to:
- Board the school bus mornings and afternoons
- Serve as ID during the school day
- Access online learning
- Check-out books from the Columbus Metropolitan Library
- Students must wear the Success Card each day.
Communicating with your Child’s Teacher and School This Summer
- Check your child’s backpack regularly for notes, fliers, and other information from your child’s teacher, including the teacher’s email address.
English as a Second Language Students
- ESL Intervention Specialists will be available at all 12 school sites to assist ESL students in the classroom.
- Parents can also reach out to the ESL Language Assistance Center: Summer Hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Spanish- 614-365-5118 or 614-365-5334
- Arabic- 614-365-6920
- French- 614-365-5327
- Somali- 614-365-8972
- Nepali- 614-365-3105
Questions and Concerns
- For transportation questions, call the Transportation Call Center at 614-365-5074 between 7 a.m - 4 p.m. on weekdays.
- Chromebook issues call the HelpDesk at 614-645-8425.
- For all other questions, call the Factline at 614-221-3228.