Math 6 Accelerated Testing
Summer School: Math 7
Did your child pass the accelerated placement test?
To be accelerated next year, students will take Math 7 and Math 8 during the school year. An alternative: Students can take Math 7 over the summer and only need to take Math 8 next year.
This course is only available for students who passed the placement test and space is limited.
Apply for Math 7 Summer School here: https://forms.gle/8h4c6Vxa2z3BHijC6
Placement Test results have been sent to schools. Each school will decide when/how to share results with students.
A score of 60% is required to pass the placement assessment.
Prizes for taking the pretest were sent to schools and should have been given to students.
Columbus City Schools identifies Math 6 students each year who may qualify for math acceleration.
To be identified, students must have met at least one of the requirements below:
- Math 5 OST score of 4 or 5
- Math 5 OST score of 3 with an A or A- earned during Grading Period 1
- Student already taking Math 6 while in Grade 5 this year
- Student identified as gifted in Math or Superior Cog
In order for students to be successful in this program, they must possess the following qualities:
- Strong skills in math
- Good study skills/habits and attendance
- Independent thinking
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Good homework and test results
Once schools are notified of qualified students, we will also consider teacher recommendations.
Identified and recommended students will take a placement test in March to determine acceptance into the MS Accelerated Math Placement Program.
Practice TestStudents can take an online practice test by following the steps below:
You can also download a Sample Test Booklet (Word document) and Sample Test Answer Key (PDF) below.The Answer Key is very helpful since it shows why an incorrect response is wrong.You might find it helpful to fill out the Sample Test Booklet while you take the test online.
- Go to http://student.masteryconnect.com
- Type in the test ID: 376490
- Type in your Student ID
- You can stop / pause any time you wish. The program will remember where you left off each time.
- Do not hit FINISH until you are completely finished taking the practice test.
Math 7 Prep
In addition to working in their Math 6 ALEKS accounts, students may wish to work on some Math 7 content that may be tested. For this, we recommend Getting Ready For Math 7 From Khan Academy.
Students should work through the first four sections.