Math 6 Accelerated Testing
Columbus City Schools identifies Math 6 students each year who may qualify for math acceleration.
To be identified, students must have met at least one of the requirements below (note, these requirements will be updated for the 2021-2022 school year:
- Math 4 AIR score of 4 or 5
- I-Ready test (beginning of current year) score of 514 or higher
- Student already taking Math 6 while in Grade 5 this year
- Student identified as gifted in Math or Superior Cog
In order for students to be successful in this program, they must posses the following qualities:
* Strong skills in math
* Good study skills/habits and attendance
* Independent thinking
* Not afraid to ask questions
* Good homework and test results
Please stay tuned for much more information
Practice TestStudents can take an online practice test by clicking here.You can also download a test booklet and answer key in PDF form below.
PLACEMENT TEST DATESPlease scroll to the bottom of the page for information on testing dates.
For more information, please contact Steve Hiner at: email@example.com