Gifted Conferences & Events
There are many conferences and events hosted within the state of Ohio and across the antion that provide professional development specific to gifted education. The Gifted & Talented Division will pass along opportunities as they arise. Regularly held events include those listed below. Click on each link for the spronsoring organizataion's page to get more information.
- Ohio Association for Gifted Children Fall Conference (mid-October)
- Ohio Association for Gifted Children Teacher Academy (late February)
- National Association for Gifted Children Annual Conference (early November)
- Supporting Emotional Needs of Gifted Annual Conference (late July)
- Supporting Emotional Needs of Gifted Mini-Conferences (year round)
- Gifted Guild Gathering (various dates)
- National Association for Gifted Children Webinars (year round)
- Supporting Emotional Needs of Gifted Webinars (year round)
- List of events across the US (year round)
To obtain CEUs for attended conferences, you may apply for credit for outside professional development using the system established by the Professional Learning and Licensure division. For credit toward the gifted professional development requirement, a copy of the certificate of attendance plus a list of sessions attended and their presenters must be provided to the Director of the Gifted & Talented Division within 30 days of the event.