Columbus Gifted Academy
Active Learners. Innovative Thinkers. Compassionate Leaders.
The Columbus Gifted Academy self-contained program for students in grades 3-8 is located at the former Everett Middle School in the Short North. We are located at:
100 W. 4th Ave.
Columbus, OH 43201
The Columbus Gifted Academy is the "Category C" level of service on the continuum of gifted services offered in the district. It is open to students residing in Columbus City Schools boundaries entering grades 3 through 8 who are identified as gifted in either superior cognitive ability or both reading and math. Placement is offered each spring by the Gifted & Talented Department based on eligibility criteria; families do not apply via the lottery. If more eligible students wish to attend than there are seats available, students will be selected based on identification area and qualifying test scores used for gifted identification. Families of potentially eligible students who reside in the district but do not currently attend a CCS school should contact the Gifted & Talented office for information about potential enrollment.
To engage, enrich, and empower gifted learners through unique, rigorous, self-directed educational experiences in a collaborative learning environment that supports the whole child within and beyond the classroom.
The Columbus Gifted Academy teaches a curriculum based on state standards with opportunities for enrichment and extension based on student needs. Learning tasks incorporate research, problem-based tasks, critical and creative thinking, social-emotional development, and more. Instructional pace is based on students' demonstrated mastery of content. The middle school program works closely with a variety of community partners, including Actor's Theater, COSI, the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Grange Audubon, Ohio History Connection, the Columbus Museum of Art, to apply learning to real world contexts and simulated experiences. Students have access to art, music, and physical education classes as they would in any other school building.
Director: Amanda Reidenbaugh
Assistant Principal: Charlotte Bell
Secretary: Maureen Athey
- Carrie "Ginny" Louden
- Traci Palmore
- Nicole Robinson
- Christina Vermillion
- Madison Welker
- Julie Crosby
- Edna Marshall
- Lisa Prinz-Liedtke/Stephanie Stegall
- Kelly Aitken
- Debbie Ferrell
- Fode Toure
- Cameron Fischer
- Kira Dolley - 6th Grade Social Studies
- Amy Genter - 6th Grade Math
- Elise Bodnyk - 6th Grade Science
- Carolyn Willis - 6th Grade ELA
- Kurt McKibben - 7th Grade Math
- Ronda Uresti-Forman - 7th Grade Science
- Andrew Cashin - 7th Grade Social Studies
- Dyren Billups-Adams - 7th Grade ELA
- Laurel Murphy - 8th Grade English Language Arts
- Dr. David Haskell - 8th Grade Social Studies
- Anastasia Stuntz - 8th Grade Math
- Matthew Hall - 8th Grade Science
- Middle School Interdisciplinary Studies: Sherry Daniel
- Special Education: Anne Bowen
- Physical Education: Sam Scillia & Krista Jacobs
- Art: Michelle Alder & John Vance
- Instrumental Music: Christopher Ross & Scott Douglas
- Vocal Music: Colby Roseberry, Allison Boyer, and Christina Turner
- Counselor: Amanda McClelland
- Library Assistant: Megan McGonigle
- Nurse: Samantha Dorsey
- School Psychologist: Melissa Funk
- Speech Pathologist: Erin Arens
- Custodian: Keith Crockett
Dress Code: There will not be a uniform. Students are expected to follow the district's dress code.
Transportation: The district's Transportation Office is developing bus routes to transport students from their home neighborhoods to the Columbus Gifted Academy. Specific information about bus stops and times will be sent by the Transportation Office in August.
More information about Columbus Gifted Academy can be found on the Gifted & Talented Resources and Links page.