Math 6 Accelerated Testing
Columbus City Schools identifies Math 6 students each year who may qualify for math acceleration.
To be identified, students must have met at least one of the requirements below:
- Math 5 OST score of 4 or 5
- Math 5 OST score of 3 with an A earned during Grading Period 1
- Student already taking Math 6 while in Grade 5 this year
- Student identified as gifted in Math or Superior Cog
- Student score of at least 500 on i-Ready BOY assessment or at least 510 on i-Ready MOY assessment
In order for students to be successful in this program, they must possess the following qualities:
- Strong skills in math
- Good study skills/habits and attendance
- Independent thinking
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Good homework and test results
Once schools are notified of qualified students, we will also consider teacher recommendations.
Identified and recommended students will take a placement test in March to determine acceptance into the MS Accelerated Math Placement Program.
A score of 60% is required to pass the placement assessment.
Practice TestStudents can take an online practice test by following the steps below:
- Go to http://student.masteryconnect.com
- Type in the test ID for your Region:
Region 1: 639800
Region 2: 856001
Region 3: 866668
Region 4: 449766
Region 5: 121857
Region 6: 393359
You can also download a Sample Test Booklet (Word document) and Sample Test Answer Key (PDF) below.The Answer Key is very helpful since it shows why an incorrect response is wrong.You might find it helpful to fill out the Sample Test Booklet while you take the test online.
- Type in your Student ID
- You can stop / pause any time you wish. The program will remember where you left off each time.
- Do not hit FINISH until you are completely finished taking the practice test.
Math 7 Prep
In addition to working in their Math 6 ALEKS accounts, students may wish to work on some Math 7 content that may be tested. For this, we recommend Getting Ready For Math 7 From Khan Academy.
Students should work through the first four sections.
Summer School: Math 7
Did your child pass the accelerated placement test?
To be accelerated next year, students will take Math 7 and Math 8 during the school year. An alternative: Students can take Math 7 over the summer and only need to take Math 8 next year.
This course is only available for students who passed the placement test and space is limited.
IMPORTANT DATESTesting: March 6-10, 2023Makeups: March 13-17, 2023Results: Mid-April, 2023Documents